Resorts | Timeshare Resorts in
From its legendary tall tale history to its modern, high-rise cities, Texas is a state that delivers on vacationing extremes. Here visitors will find everything… Read More »
Texas Is Big On Fun
From its legendary tall tale history to its modern, high-rise cities, Texas is a state that delivers on vacationing extremes. Here visitors will find everything perfect for rugged, outdoor vacations or five-star experiences. Whatever tickles one's fancy can be found in the Texas expanse.
Visitors who choose to make Texas their vacation destination will find the options for fun are many. Major tourist stops include Dallas, Galveston, Austin, Houston, San Antonio and Brownsville. Some of the things to see and do in this state that's as famous for its desert land as it is its mountains include:
- Beaches: With more than 600 miles of coastline, Texas does not disappoint beach lovers. The state's waters are almost always warm as the Gulf of Mexico laps its white, sandy coastline. Visitors will find some great swimming, boating and fishing opportunities here. Resorts are also popular along the beaches.
- Historic sites: From the Alamo and San Antonio Riverwalk to the Stockyards of Dallas, Texas is noted for its many historic sites. Early frontier history and American Indian culture intermingle in this state that is also noted for its Mission Espiritu Santo in Goliad, the Whitehead Memorial Museum in Del Rio and Fort Bliss.
- Park lands: Everything in Texas is big and parks in Texas tend to prove this. The state is home to Big Bend National Park, Guadalupe Mountains National Park, with McKittrick Canyon; Zilker Park with its Barton Springs Pool; Duro Canyon State Park in Canyon and more. Visitors to Texas will find its parks cover all extremes. From gritty mountain and dessert landscapes to hilly, forested areas, the parkland here offers a little bit of everything, depending on the region chosen for a visit.
- Adventure sports: Few places in the world offer the extremes of Texas when it comes to opportunities for adventure. From whitewater rafting on the Rio Grande to climbing El Capitan, the state's unusual landscapes are loved by hikers, bikers, climbers, campers and more. The outdoor experiences in Texas are what draw in many families, singles and adventure lovers.
- Amusement parks: Texas is home to a number of theme parks. From Six Flags Over Texas with its roller coasters to Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, those looking for adventure of a different kind will not be disappointed.
- Other activities: Visitors to Texas will find its many cities are home to some of the country's best dining. From the famous restaurants of Dallas and San Antonio to small-town eateries in bergs all over the vast state, eating is always a big deal here. Visitors will also find other activities on tap, including shopping, gallery hopping, rodeos, festivals and more. In a state as large as Texas, there is almost never a day without something big going on.
From its beautiful mountain peaks to its rolling hills, beaches and desert landscapes, Texas delivers big on the sights and sounds. The state is loved by vacationers who want to do something a little different, but do it in a very big way. It is hard not to find something to appeal to visitors of any age when Texas is the destination.